Partners in Prayer
Jesus said, “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask,
it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19)
We invite you to pray for the ministry of Malaysian CARE and for the needs of the poor & needy in our communities.
Prayer Points for this Month (November 2022)
WEEK 1 1-6, 2022
1. Pray for the team as we set up a Toy Library demo centre in PC Miri and for church partnerships in Miri.
2. Pray for the Uplift Youth Centre and their financial needs, management and operation of the organisation as well as for a van for the Centre.
3. Praise God for the PC Miri staff involved and for the National Early Childhood Intervention Conference and Asian Chinese Christian Holistic Care Conference that took place in September and October, respectively.
4. Pray as we continue to explore and for potential partnership with a local church kindergarten to run the Preschool Inclusive Education (PIE).
5. We thank God for the opportunity to share with Ulu Baram church leaders and pastors. Pray for plans to assess Ulu Baram community and churches' needs and clarity of direction for the work in Belaga.
Sharing resources with a community youth at the Uplift Youth Centre, Miri
(Photo credit: Hallan Hashim)
WEEK 2 Nov 7-13, 2022
1. Pray for staff that have recovered from COVID infection to be totally healed and free from any traces of the virus in their bodies.
2. Praise God for His direction upon the MT and Managers when they gathered for the annual planning in October.
3. For staff who are travelling outstation, pray for safe journey and a fruitful experience.
4. Pray for all vacancies to be filled by the right candidates.
5. Thank God for His providence and protection upon all staff.
Finance & Administration
WEEK 3 Nov 14-20, 2022
1. Pray for God's protection over Finance and Admin. team in their coming and going for banking and office purchases.
2. Pray for donors to be generous and be reminded to continue supporting the work of Malaysian CARE. Our financial commitment is increasing every year due to the high cost of living (inflation) and we appreciate every donor's generosity.
3. Pray for good stewardship of our organisation: maintenance of vehicles, premises and related operation expenses. May we be mindful and exercise cost saving measures.
4. Pray for the wellbeing and good health of every Finance and Admin. team member as they diligently fulfil any given task.
5. Pray for God's favour upon the organisation to meet needs such as computers, printers, furniture and office supplies.
Executive Director’s Office
WEEK 4 Nov 21-30, 2022
1. Pray for God's wisdom and strength upon Alvin Lim, Acting Executive Director, as he leads the organisation to do our Father's will and purpose for the poor and needy communities.
2. Pray for God's provision as needs are huge when we move into the communities. May we be good stewards of His resources to bless the targeted groups.
3. Pray for God's protection and discernment for the Board members to support the organisation's various activities. That the Board be able to give direction to the organisation and to touch lives and be transformed for His glory.
4. Pray for more open communication between the Board, Management Team, and Staff of Malaysian CARE. We hope to see greater impact on the communities.
5. Pray for all our stakeholders, especially church partners to be united and to continue serving the poor and needy communities. Together we can be salt and light to the nation.