Partners in Prayer
Jesus said, “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask,
it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19)
We invite you to pray for the ministry of Malaysian CARE and for the needs of the poor & needy in our communities.
Prayer Points for this Month (June 2022)
Policy, Advocacy & Research
WEEK 1 June 1-9, 2022
1. Pray that God will bless the National Prison Consultation from July 28 to 30, and that it will be a fruitful and inspiring gathering with all our partners and volunteers.
2. Pray for a smooth Monitoring & Evaluation internal rollout, that God will guide each step of the process. May God grant the team clarity and direction.
3. Pray that Malaysian Christians recognise HIV disease as an opportunity to show Christ's compassion to the whole community of people who need love, comfort and acceptance.
4. Pray that the land rights videos will be effective in raising awareness about native customary land protection among the Orang Asli and general public.
5. Pray that the new Why Care? devotional series will enable many to have an enriched understanding of the Biblical foundation of Christian social action.
Setapak Community & Youth
WEEK 2 June 10-16, 2022
1. Pray for God's wisdom and favour to be upon the staff team as they go to meet with community members on the ground and offer services to them.
2. Pray for job opportunities among the local and urban poor as they get back on their feet and prepare to move forward in this endemic phase.
3. Pray for the partnership between HOPE EFC (Evangelical Free Church) and CARE to serve the needs of refugees and local youth in Setapak, providing mentorship and other services to youth in need.
4. Pray for the partnership between staff and youth leaders from the Setapak community to form a healthy and committed team, to mobilise and organise community youth towards development.
5. Uphold through prayer the single parents (refugees and locals) whose children are in need of role models, parental figures, mentoring and friendship.
(Photo credit: Nicholas Perera)
Child Empowerment (Special Needs & Bumblebee)
WEEK 3 June 17-23, 2022
1. Pray for wisdom as the staff team plans for children playgroup sessions in Setapak. May more parents be receptive to the idea of learning through play.
2. Pray for the protection of staff as they travel into various communities, bringing fun and hope to children and parents through Bumblebee.
3. Pray for the protection over young adults and staff going into the field to support young adults with special needs in open employment.
4. Pray for the toy library and young adults' parents, that the Lord gives them wisdom and strength to handle their children and to know that Christ is their source of hope.
5. Pray for more churches to partner with CARE to provide services for people with special needs and to support their families as well.
Young Adult in action at The Chicken Rice Shop
(Photo credit: Chris Ho)
Prison Work Clients/Volunteers/Prison/PKPA
WEEK 4 June 24-30, 2022
1. Pray that God multiplies dedicated volunteers to passionately serve and contribute their resources towards Rumah Petros/Rumah Kepercayaan ministry.
2. Pray for Client W who recently reintegrated back into society. Pray that God will grant her peace and favour so that she is able to settle back smoothly.
3. Pray that God would open the doors soon for physical classes of Kelas Kristian and Kelas CARE to resume in Penjara Wanita Kajang.
4. Rumah Petros has recently relocated. Pray for God to continue leading the ministry towards its future and Godly direction.
5. Pray that God's continued wisdom and guidance be upon the work among HIV clients and also to strengthen the team for the work in Klang.