- Seeing Posibilities
- Born 3 Times!
- God's Agent of Change then & now
- Happy wedding, why is everyone crying?!
- Called to serve the VVIP
- A Life Together
- God Took Care of My Needs
- 'I Care' — through the eyes of donors
- He Turned Himself In
- From Testing to Trusting
- Adidas & I in FAITH Garden
- Mental Disorder is NOT a Death Sentence
- A Volunteer Staff who Found His Life Purpose
- I Too Can Work!
- Early Intervention Centre in KK
- Shut up, sit down and listen!
- Out of UK, God Calls...
- From a parent of a Young Man with Autism
- I'm luck I had cancer!
- Follow the rhythm of my heart
- Where does my strength come from?
- I'm weak enough to serve
- From Prison to Pulpit
- Finding Grace
- Offering my first fruits
- 'They' are pure joy
- God heard me
- Following my Sifu
- What's so special about them
- Spare the rod, spoil the son
- Little Precious who spoke with her eyes & smiles
The Revd Peter John Young
As the founding Executive Director of Malaysian Care, Peter Young holds a unique place in the history of this organisation. Yet, not only in this organisation but through his advocacy and pioneering work, he nurtured the involvement of the Church in Malaysia with the poor and needy.
He rallied Malaysian Christians to serve those whom society had cast aside or exploited because they were weak, poor, disabled or had made wrong choices. While many see these things happen around them, few would do anything to change the situation. Awareness if not acted upon leads to apathy. Peter Young was not the type of person to contemplate such an option because what compelled him to act were his faith and his love for people. In his lifetime, he served and spoke for the downtrodden without any rewards or awards. In so doing, Peter showed us what is the essence of true sacrificial human love.
In this book, Tan Jin Huat’s account of Peter Young’s life serves as an inspiration for others to follow the path less taken. I pray that more will do so for then we can look forward to a better society in this nation.
Wong Young Soon
(Executive Director Malaysian Care)