- Seeing Posibilities
- Born 3 Times!
- God's Agent of Change then & now
- Happy wedding, why is everyone crying?!
- Called to serve the VVIP
- A Life Together
- God Took Care of My Needs
- 'I Care' — through the eyes of donors
- He Turned Himself In
- From Testing to Trusting
- Adidas & I in FAITH Garden
- Mental Disorder is NOT a Death Sentence
- A Volunteer Staff who Found His Life Purpose
- I Too Can Work!
- Early Intervention Centre in KK
- Shut up, sit down and listen!
- Out of UK, God Calls...
- From a parent of a Young Man with Autism
- I'm luck I had cancer!
- Follow the rhythm of my heart
- Where does my strength come from?
- I'm weak enough to serve
- From Prison to Pulpit
- Finding Grace
- Offering my first fruits
- 'They' are pure joy
- God heard me
- Following my Sifu
- What's so special about them
- Spare the rod, spoil the son
- Little Precious who spoke with her eyes & smiles
People with Special Needs
Do you know that 15% of the world’s population have some form of disability? (source: World Health Organisation). Look around your community. Are you aware of their presence? Are they merely present or meaningfully included?
Our work in this area focuses on people with learning difficulties e.g. those with autism, Down Syndrome and developmental delays. It involves a wide range of educational/training and support services for children and young adults with learning difficulties and their families towards meaningful participation in the society.
• Children Services
We pioneered Early Intervention Programme in Malaysia in the late 80’s and have now moved from solely operating centres to include training of teachers and helping partners to start or enhance their services and providing community-based services.
• Inclusive Pre-school Programme
This is a programme to integrate children with learning difficulties into a normal taska setting. Following a pilot with a taska in Kuala Lumpur, we are now adapting this programme in rural Sabah.
• Adults Services & Job Coach
In the early days, this area included training on living skills and setting up of Day Training Centres. Today, we focus on preparing and coaching young adults with learning difficulties for employment in the open job market. We operate a Bridge2Work centre at our head office where young adults with learning difficulties are trained for employment and have 3 in-house Job Coaches to support those in employment.
• Family Support & Resource Services
Services include toy libraries, referral services and parent support groups. We are operating one such centre at our Head Office and have helped partners to set-up toy libraries in Subang Jaya and Kota Kinabalu.
• Training & Disability Awareness
We regularly conduct trainings for teachers and parents, as well as disability awareness at colleges/universities and churches to promote inclusion of people with disabilities in the society.