- Seeing Posibilities
- Born 3 Times!
- God's Agent of Change then & now
- Happy wedding, why is everyone crying?!
- Called to serve the VVIP
- A Life Together
- God Took Care of My Needs
- 'I Care' — through the eyes of donors
- He Turned Himself In
- From Testing to Trusting
- Adidas & I in FAITH Garden
- Mental Disorder is NOT a Death Sentence
- A Volunteer Staff who Found His Life Purpose
- I Too Can Work!
- Early Intervention Centre in KK
- Shut up, sit down and listen!
- Out of UK, God Calls...
- From a parent of a Young Man with Autism
- I'm luck I had cancer!
- Follow the rhythm of my heart
- Where does my strength come from?
- I'm weak enough to serve
- From Prison to Pulpit
- Finding Grace
- Offering my first fruits
- 'They' are pure joy
- God heard me
- Following my Sifu
- What's so special about them
- Spare the rod, spoil the son
- Little Precious who spoke with her eyes & smiles
The Malaysian Care story is simple yet big in dreams. Sometime in the late 1970s, a group of young Christians were inspired to put their faith into action. A Board was soon elected in 1978, comprising 11 visionaries like Wong Kim Kong, Lim Heng Seng, Lim Wei Meng, Shirley Lee, Jack Cheah, Liew Chee Kien, Steven Chong and Doreen Chan, with David Boler, Rev. Douglas Anderson and Timothy Phua as advisors.
Malaysian Care became official in 1979 as a registered establishment and started its first home “Rumah Care” which provided shelter for children whose parents were patients at Sungai Buloh Leprosarium.
On 1st January 1980, Rev Peter Young was appointed the first Executive Director of Malaysian Care.
From then till now, our purpose remains to encourage active social work amongst the churches in Malaysia, being the visible expression of the wholistic mission of Christ although the expressions of our actions may be have taken different directions according to the needs of the current time.